Health and Safety
We prepare our workforce to work safely with training and orientation, on-the-job guidance and tools, safety engagements, and other resources. Employees and contractors are expected to comply with safety rules and regulations of Ranger Oil, service contractors, and governing agencies. To safeguard workers on our well sites and neighbors nearby, we plan, design, drill, complete, and produce wells using proven industry practices, technologies, tools, and materials. Additionally, we adhere to the following practices:
- Safety Meetings: Ranger Oil conducts monthly safety training for our employees that meet or exceed OSHA requirements. Further, wellsite contractors are required to attend safety meetings at the beginning of all shifts.
- TRIR: We closely monitor our total recordable incident rate (“TRIR”) to ensure best in class safety procedures. Management reports and discusses at least quarterly our TRIR and individual incidents. We believe our TRIR is well below industry standards.
- Stringent Contractor Selection. Ranger Oil subscribes to ISNetworld (“ISN”), which monitors our contractors and wellhead crude oil purchasers to ensure they meet our safety standards as well as all government regulations and other requirements.
- Incident Preparation.We regularly develop and review our emergency response plans so that we are prepared for natural disasters, accidental spills, and other potential hazards. Specifically, we conduct annual drills to maximize emergency preparedness.
- Sand. Ranger Oil uses best in class sand delivery systems with respect to the sand it uses in its completions operations in order to minimize silica particulate in the air, thus reducing exposure to our employees and contractors.